Strawberry rhubarb oatmeal muffins are sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth AND healthy enough to feel good eating them! Oats, eggs and non-fat Greek yogurt add plenty of fiber and protein and the strawberry rhubarb combination is just so dang delicious. AND these are perfect for little lunch bags!
Spring is the season for strawberries and rhubarb
It's past May long weekend and that means gardening season is in full swing. I've got many of my summer season seeds and starters in and am now picking lots of herbs (hello cilantro, parsley, mint and a small bit of volunteer dill!) in addition to my rhubarb.
More Strawberry Recipes
I recently posted a rhubarb salsa recipe because I usually prefer savory dishes but with the combination of rhubarb and strawberries fresh right now, who can resist a few sweet recipes! While my strawberries are just little green buds and not ready for a few weeks, there are lots of strawberries on sale now in the stores because they are in season not too far south of here. (You might also love my Ultimate Strawberry Rhubarb Shortcake or my Rhubarb Snack Cake too! Or for something savory, try my Strawberry Salad Dressing.)
Fast and easy baking project
I don't bake too often because I find it can be fussy, messy and I have to be exact but muffins are much more forgiving and also very fast. The only dishes I have after making these are a bowl, a 2 cup measuring cup, a tablespoon, fork and my measuring spoons, all of which I can happily plunk into the dishwasher.
So with that I leave you with this fast and easy strawberry rhubarb muffin recipe. Enjoy and happy gardening, friends!
For more on what I'm cooking up, follow me on Instagram or Facebook and pop over to check our my shop closing out sale at West Coast Kitchen Garden (50% off everything until sold out!!!) You might also like my FREE printable weekly meal planner.
Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 c Unbleached Flour
- 1 c Quick Oats
- ⅔ c Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Table Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 c Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- ¼ c Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 c Strawberries chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 c Rhubarb chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375'.
- Stir all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, add the eggs and beat until lightly frothy (this should be approx. ½ c volume) then add the yogurt, oil and vanilla and stir until mixed.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until well mixed together. Let this sit and soften the oats while you chop the strawberries and rhubarb.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Stir in the chopped strawberries and rhubarb into the batter and then spoon into the muffin cups. These will be quite full, that's ok. Put the muffins into the oven and bake 22-28 min (my batches took 25 minutes).
- When done, test with a toothpick, it should come out dry. The muffins will be lightly browned on some edges but not brown all over.