Get out your cookie cutters and have some holiday baking fun with these gorgeous vegan Christmas cookies-top 50 recipes. With gingersnaps, sugar cookies, snowballs, linzer cookies, thumbprints, spritz and more, you'll find them all here. This wide variety of vegan holiday recipes are all dairy free and many are also gluten free! You'll even find a vegan Crumbl copycat cookie!
- Cookies For Decorating
- Vegan Holiday Cookies From Around The World
- Christmas Cookie Classics Made Vegan
- Ginger Snaps + Gingerbread
- Candy Canes + Peppermint
- Cookies With Chocolate
- Pumpkin Spice + Everything Nice
- Breakfast Cookies
- What’s the best vegan egg replacement for baking?
- Pro Tips For Vegan Cookies
- Vegan Cookies Made Easy
- Pin Vegan Christmas Cookie Recipes For Later
- More Easy Vegan Recipes
- Get My Free Book
- 10 Herbs 10 Ways
- 💬 Community
(Looking for more awesome vegan recipe inspiration? Check out my other vegan recipes here.)
Cookies For Decorating
Break out your cookie cutters or spritz cookie press for these classic cutout cookies! Simple sugar cookie dough, choose from plain or flavored, makes cute shapes to decorate in festive designs and colors. Christmas tree, angel, candy cane and mitten shapes are all reminiscent of happy holidays.
Vegan Holiday Cookies From Around The World
These classic Christmas cookie recipes from around the world will bring back childhood memories or take you on a culinary adventure!
Speculaas cookies are a very popular spiced cookie in the Netherlands and this vegan version is the perfect recipe for them.
A melomakarona recipe perfect for the holiday season. You’d never know these Greek Christmas cookies are gluten-free and vegan!
Christmas Cookie Classics Made Vegan
Bake up these classic Christmas cookies for the holidays parties, cookie exchange and for Santa's snack of cookies and almond milk of course! With simple ingredients, these classic cookies are always a hit. Lots of gluten-free cookies in this list too.
These gingerbread cookies are a family favorite Christmas cookie recipe that can be baked up soft or leave them in longer to get crispy edges.
Ginger Snaps + Gingerbread
What Christmas cookie box would be complete without ginger snaps? And don't forget about a vegan gingerbread house! Whip up a simple icing to decorate it or dust it in a snowy shower of icing sugar for a holiday centerpiece.
Candy Canes + Peppermint
If you love peppermint and candy canes, these are the best vegan Christmas cookies! Fun, playful and so pretty to look at, these make a great centerpiece to any platter of sweet treats.
Cookies With Chocolate
Holiday cookies with chocolate chips? Yes please! With cocoa powder, chocolate chips or white chocolate these decadent treats are always a welcome treat for chocolate lovers. Perfect for a cozy Christmas movie night.
A sweet and salty treat! Loaded Vegan White Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies that are gluten-free, allergy-free, and great for kids and adults!
The best cookie fries, perfect for dipping! Great for parties and special occasions!
Pumpkin Spice + Everything Nice
Warm spices and wholesome ingredients make up these vegan Christmas cookies (and with their pumpkin spice flavors, they are great at Thanksgiving too).
Not technically Christmas cookies, these are the healthy snacks that will keep you going through a busy day. Pair them up with coffee for breakfast or keep them on hand for healthy treats for days spent skiing or walking in the snow.
What’s the best vegan egg replacement for baking?
There are many options for egg free baking! Flaxseed (or premade flax egg substitute) tends to be the best for baking but depending on your recipe, there are a lot of options. If you are trying to adapt your favorite traditional cookie to a vegan version, try one of these ideas.
- Applesauce - great for added moisture and a light crumb.
- Banana - great body and moisture.
- Flax eggs or Ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoon water - a close egg substitute.
- Puréed silken tofu - good for protein.
- Aquafaba - whips up like whipping cream and adds great body to recipes.
- Baking soda mixed + 1 tablespoon white vinegar - good for leavening cakes, pancakes and waffles.
- Arrowroot powder - Good for binding and thickening.
- Chia seeds with 3 tablespoon water - Good for thickening non-cooked pudding, sweets and jams.
- Cornstarch with 3 tablespoon water - Good for binding and thickening.
- Vegan yogurt - Adds moisture, tang and protein.
You can also buy products such as Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer or Ener-G egg replacer.
Pro Tips For Vegan Cookies
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. It makes any baking pan into a great, non-stick, cookie sheet and makes cleanup a breeze.
- For a firmer cookie, chill the cookie dough, covered in the fridge for 2 hours before baking.
- Find your chocolate cookies just a little too sweet? Sprinkle a very tiny pinch of crunchy sea salt over the tops as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Follow the recipe. Baking is a science and unlike cooking dinner, the instructions need to be followed closely for a perfect cookie.
- Don't overmix once you've added the flour. This is why you usually cream the wet ingredients first. Once you add the flour/dry ingredients, mix only until blended and no more to avoid cookies with a hockey puck density.
Vegan Cookies Made Easy
So many delicious cookies with no eggs and dairy! I hope this list of vegan Christmas cookies helps make your holidays merry and bright.
Let me know which ones you like best in the comments below or on socials. (Looking for another tasty vegan treat? Try Vegan Lemon Poppyseed Muffins or mix up some Homemade Hazelnut Butter to bake into cookies or drizzle over bananas and dark chocolate.) Happy baking!
A simple margarine frosting is fast, easy and vegan.
Start with ½ cup (one stick) of hard, vegan margarine that is at room temperature so it is soft. Start beating it with a mixer and slowly add 2 ½ cups of powdered sugar.
Add ½ teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and beat until frosting becomes smooth. Add 1 teaspoon of water at a time (or juice: lemon or orange) if you want the frosting thinner or place in fridge to firm it up if it's a bit too soft.
This will frost one 9x13 cake, a dozen muffins or 2-3 dozen cookies depending on their size.
Pin Vegan Christmas Cookie Recipes For Later
Save this list of great vegan holiday cookies to Facebook or Pinterest so you can try all the different cookies 🙂
More Easy Vegan Recipes
Colorful, tasty and festive vegan recipe ideas!
If you have any questions or comments, you can find me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. I try to answer any recipe related questions quickly as I know you might be in the middle of making it. Also check out my FREE PRINTABLE meal planner to make menu planning and grocery shopping a breeze. And if you like this recipe, I would love it if you give it a star rating in the recipe card.
Cheers and happy cooking, Friends! Sabrina