BC Albacore Tuna Ceviche
Fresh, delicious and healthy, this is a great make ahead appetizer any time of year! This is an easy, healthy and delicious recipe that you can dress up or down. It is a perfect as a make ahead appetizer during the Christmas holiday season and a welcome lighter option (gluten and dairy-free as well) instead of the usual meat and cheese options. In the summer I add various in-season vegetables and even fruit occasionally. Try adding a ¼ cup of a different ingredient each time in the summer and add a little extra lime juice and salt to taste. Some variations I love: fresh corn cut off the cob, finely diced cucumber, peaches, tomato or avocado.Print Pin
- ½ c Red Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 12 oz Sushi Grade Albacore Tuna, ¼" Diced ¾ lb or 2 cups once cubed
- 1-2 Jalapeno(s), Very Finely Diced
- 2 Limes, Juiced Minimum ½ c juice, use more limes if needed
- ½ c Cilantro, Chopped
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- In a medium bowl, combine onion and salt and let sit to macerate while preparing tuna and jalapeno.
- Add tuna, jalapeno and lime juice, toss gently and marinate in fridge ½ hour or up to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, add cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips.