Brimming with fresh vegetables, wholesome grains, and deliciousness, this Panera Bread 10 Vegetable Soup recipe is the best copycat version ever! Serve it with a side salad or a piece of crusty bread for an incredible vegan, dairy free, and gluten free meal.
This recipe comes from fellow food blogger Cindy of intentionallyeat.com. She has lots of delicious vegan recipes and this copycat Panera favorite soup is one of the best!
Many Panera customers were very disappointed that the fast-food chain decided to discontinue one of their favorite soups. I know I was disappointed to see the delicious soup was no longer on the menu and so I created my own version.
But this copycat Panera vegetable soup has tons of flavor and just might be better than the original recipe. And now, you can make a big batch of soup in just a few minutes with some of my time-saving tips.
If you love Panera soup recipes, you've gotta try Panera Corn Chowder and Panera Chicken and Wild Rice soup. Skinny Taco Soup and Black Bean Soup are also amazing vegan soups that are perfect for this time of year.
Why you will love this Copycat Panera Bread 10 Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Homemade Goodness: Homemade soups often have that special touch of care and freshness. This is the perfect rainy day meal.
- Customization: Making this garden vegetable soup at home permits customization. Individuals can adjust ingredients or quantities to suit their dietary needs, ensuring a healthier or heartier version to their liking.
- Availability: Since Panera discontinued the soup, this recipe offers a reliable way to enjoy a bowl of soup whenever the craving strikes. There's no need to wait for it to reappear on the restaurant's menu.
- Cost Savings: Dining out frequently can add up, but making this soup at home can be more cost-effective. It's an economical way to enjoy Panera's version without the restaurant prices.
- Ingredient Control: If you have specific dietary restrictions or allergies this veggie soup is perfect. It's a naturally vegan soup and Mediterranean diet-approved. It's full of healthy goodness.
- Impress Guests: Serving a copycat version of Panera's Ten Vegetable Soup to guests can be a nice surprise.
Ingredient List & Substitutions
- Corn - you can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn for this veggie soup.
- Bell pepper - I used red peppers and orange peppers, but you can use what you have on hand.
- Poblano pepper - poblano peppers are only a step above bell peppers when it comes to heat, but they add so much flavor!
- Garlic - minced fresh garlic or dried garlic powder both work fine. If using garlic powder, use a ½ teaspoon.
- Vegetable stock - I used a vegan bouillon but you can use any vegetable stock you like.
- Hearty grains - I used an 8.5-ounce package of Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa, Brown and Red Rice with Flaxseed, it's an easy way to incorporate grains and a timesaver! Panera's recipe calls for red fife, but you can use short grain rice, wheatberries, cooked barley, or whatever cooked, hearty grain you prefer.
- Chili powder - Panera's recipe called for Aleppo chili powder, but you can use traditional chili powder
- Mexican oregano - you can substitute oregano if needed.
How to Make This One Pot Vegetable Soup
Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide with photos to show you how to make the best copycat Panera bread ten vegetable soup recipe. Finely dice the vegetables as shown to get a Panera Bread style soup.
Step 1. Add 1 tablespoon of veg or olive oil to a large pot and heat to medium heat. Add chopped veggies and sauté over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until the onion is translucent. (If you prefer no oil, you can water sauté.)
Step 2. Add spices and tomato paste and saute for another minute.
Step 3. Once it is cooked down and well mixed, add vegetable stock and corn and stir.
Step 4. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Finally, stir in cooked grains and fresh spinach. Simmer, 15 minutes longer. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. I've used 1 teaspoon of salt but you may need more or less depending how salty your vegetable stock is. If you are on a low sodium diet, you can omit the extra salt.
Step 5. Serve up soup while hot with your favorite bread. Garnish with a squeeze of lemon, a dash of crushed red pepper, a tablespoon of fresh cilantro, or salt and pepper to taste.
The best way to store leftover soup is in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. However, for the best quality and freshness, it's best to consume it within 2-3 days.
This recipe makes a lot of soup, so if you don't plan to finish it within that time, freezing individual portions works great. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly until it's steaming hot to ensure food safety.
Unfortunately, Panera Bread has discontinued its 10 Vegetable soup, but it had 100 calories for 1 ½ cups. My own copycat recipe only has 95 calories for 1 ½ cups.
No, it contained barley and was not gluten-free. However, this copycat version is gluten-free. I used Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa, Brown & Red Rice with Flaxseeds. The package doesn't say it's gluten-free, however, those ingredients are.
Their website states that they use the same equipment as they do for gluten food items. So there could be some cross-contamination. If you are sensitive to gluten you may want to avoid this product.
Yes! That soup was a vegan option. Good news! This soup is vegan, too.
Pin This Panera Soup Recipe For Later
Save this easy and healthy soup recipe to Pinterest or Facebook so you can find it to make all winter!
There are plenty of delicious ways to serve this Vegan Soup Recipe. Here are some ideas on how to serve soup and what to serve with it.
- Bread: A classic choice is serving soup with a side of crusty bread, such as baguette slices, garlic bread, or dinner rolls.
- Crackers: Soup and crackers make a perfect combination. Saltines, oyster crackers, or whole-grain crackers add a delightful crunch to your meal.
- Salad: For a lighter option, serve a fresh green salad with your soup. The contrast of warm soup and crisp salad can be quite satisfying.
- Herbs and Spices: Garnish your soup with fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley. A pinch of red pepper flakes, a squeeze of lemon, or a dash of sriracha can also add flavor.
- Croutons: Homemade or store-bought croutons can provide a delightful crunch.
- Sour Cream: A dollop of non-dairy sour cream can add creaminess and a touch of tang to your soup.
- Avocado: Sliced or diced avocado is a refreshing addition to this soup.
- Bowl Bread: Hollow out a small round loaf of bread and use it as a bread bowl to serve soup. It's visually appealing and edible!
- Quesadillas: Pair this light and healthy soup with non-dairy cheesy quesadilla for a satisfying meal.
Mixing and matching these options can make your soup even more enjoyable.
More Yummy Soup Recipes
Cheers and happy cooking, Friends! Sabrina
The Best Panera Bread 10 Vegetable Soup Recipe (Copycat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- 2 c onion diced
- 2 c carrots diced
- 2 c celery diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon each, chili powder, dried thyme + Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon each, cumin + paprika
- 8 c vegetable broth
- 1 c corn
- 2 c fresh spinach packed
- 1 ½ c cooked whole grains (quinoa, brown rice, barley, etc) or . 8.5 oz pkg Seeds of Change Organic precooked quinoa, brown + red rice and flaxseed blend.
- 1 teaspoon each, salt + black pepper or to taste
- In a large pot, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoon water or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil if you prefer. Add bell peppers, poblano, carrots, onion, celery, and garlic.
- Saute until vegetables have softened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, thyme, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and Mexican oregano. Stir to coat vegetables and cook 1 minute.
- Add diced vegetable, stock and corn. Stir and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Turn heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the package of quinoa, rice, and flaxseed, spinach, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.Serve hot and enjoy!