This delicious blackberry barbecue sauce is easy and punchy! A truly spectacular BBQ sauce for pork tenderloin, ribs, chicken and more! Fruitiness from the blackberries (you can use fresh or frozen) with richness and depth from spices, brown sugar and cooked onion makes this simple fruit bbq sauce a true classic!
If you’re lucky enough to have lots of frozen blackberries in your freezer, or you’ve been out picking berries, you might like to try my easy Pickled Blackberries which are a delicious condiment for grilled meat or cheese plates.
Or try this easy and healthy 1 Jar Blackberry Apple Jam!
Let me know how you like this Blackberry Barbecue Sauce!
Blackberry Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 c Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 c Blackberries Can use fresh or frozen
- 1/2 c Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Each; Allspice, Cloves, Paprika, Mustard Powder, Salt
- Saute onion in olive oil on medium heat until transcluscent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer on med-low until it thickens and all berries have disintegrated, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Cool, straining seeds out if desired and store in fridge if not using immediately. This will keep 2 weeks in the fridge.