Blackberry Apple Jam-One Jar, No Canning Required!
Easy and delicious. No added pectin or gelatin and no need to can this small batch of jam, just store it in your fridge for up to 2 weeks or pop it in your freezer for a winter treat.Print Pin
- 1 Apple (I used a Transparent Apple) Choose a baking variety so it softens easily when cooked
- 2 c Blackberries Fresh or frozen will work
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Leaving apple peels on (to utilize their natural pectin), cut into quarters or eighths and cut out core. Add into small pot and add sugar and lemon juice and stir.
- Add blackberries, stir again and cover with lid then turn stove on to medium heat.
- Stir periodically as the sugar dissolves and the fruit releases it's juices. After about 15 minutes watch it carefully so it doesn't burn. Continue stirring as it reduces slightly and feel with the back of your spoon for when the apples soften, mush and then blend into the jam. At this point it is done, it took my batch 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Cool slightly, remove apple peels and then put into 1 pint (2 cup) jar or container and store in fridge up to 2 weeks. Alternatively you could do 2 1-cup containers and store one in your freezer for later.
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @wckitchengarden or tag #wckitchengarden!