Chocolate Almond Plus Brownies?!?!?
Who wants chocolate?! Or better yet, chocolate almonds?! I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t like chocolate, at least occasionally and this is the perfect week to treat yourself or a loved one to these homemade, chewy, moist, chocolate almond brownies.
The Inspiration For These Squares
Inspired by classic chocolate covered almonds, these are somewhere between a cake and a chocolate bar. To make this even better, you can make these with just one bowl, 2 measuring cups and a very short amount of time. These are delicious fresh out of the oven or dress them up with some cream and berries. So come on, “Treat yo’ self!”
Troubleshooting Common Brownie Issues
Well, these are not hard but a few tips will help you look like a pro. Use parchment paper to line your pan. Parchment is awesome stuff and will make your cake non-stick with no extra oil. Tip two is to chop your almonds to the size you like them. Whole is a little to large in a cake but I find slivered almonds don’t give that chocolate almond feel. That being said, do it how you like it. Tip three, get your butter hot before stirring in the chocolate chips. You want it hot enough that it will melt the chocolate in a few minutes without having to add more heat. Chocolate can easily and quickly seize up and turn lumpy if you heat it too much in the microwave or pot. If your chocolate hasn’t melted after about 4 minutes, put the measuring cup into a bowl or pot of hot water and very gently stir, reheating water as needed until you have a smooth consistency. (Be careful not to burn yourself over hot steam)
No Fail, Easy And Quick Recipe
If you read my recipes, you know I have a no-fuss rule. Recipes must be fast, easy and low on the mess scale. These brownies are super easy, simple and most importantly, reliable. A true no-fail recipe guaranteed to get you to chocolate nirvana-fast!
Want More Chocolate Inspiration?
While I don’t bake a lot, when I do, my recipes are usually chocolate or fruit based. One of my favourite special cakes is my Chocolate Hazelnut Tart and in the summer I absolutely love my small Chocolate Cake For 8 with Raspberry Coulis. The raspberry coulis would go amazing with the chocolate tart too.
Chocolate Almond Brownies
- 1 c Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips I used Hershey’s Chipits
- 1/2 c Salted Butter If using unsalted, add 1/4 tsp salt at this point
- 1 c Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs Size Large
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 c All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 c Almonds, Coarsely Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line a 9″ square pan (or similar sized; 8×10, 9″ round etc) with parchment or grease and flour. *Tip: If you are greasing and flouring your pan, dust with cocoa instead of flour to avoid white dusting on cake.
- In bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs and vanilla until fully mixed.
- Melt butter in a 2 c measuring cup until very hot. Stir in chocolate chips and let melt, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to sugar and egg mixture and stir until mixed well.
- In second measuring cup, measure and stir together flour, cocoa and almonds and then add immediately to warm chocolate mixture. Stir gently until it is fully incorporated. (As the chocolate cools, the batter will feel thicker, this is ok)
- Spread evenly in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes. They will still be soft when you take them out but test with a toothpick and when it just barely comes out clean, they are done. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then lift out onto cooling rack and serve warm or let cool then cut into squares.