Savory Rhubarb Salsa
A delicious, fresh and seasonal salsa that keeps well up to 3 days. Macerating the rhubarb in sugar while preparing the other ingredients tames the tartness but keeps it crisp for a bright and refreshing spring salsa.
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 c Rhubarb Finely diced (approx 1/8" dice)
- 1.5 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 c Red Onion Finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, small to medium Very finely diced
- 1 Cilantro, Small Bunch Approx. 1/2 c chopped
- 1/2 Lime Juiced
- 1/8 tsp Ground Coriander and Cumin Each
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Mix together rhubarb, sugar, vinegar and salt and let sit while chopping other ingredients. Stir occasionally.
Once the jalapeno, onion and cilantro are chopped, add them and the rest of the ingredients. Stir gently and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with tortilla chips and margaritas or as a condiment for grilled pork or dinner sausages.