This easy, healthy and light dressing goes great on many salads, especially spinach.
Arugula Salad with Fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette, Hazelnuts and Goat Cheese
A delicious salad filled with fiber and protein in a fresh, light and bright dressing made with fresh seasonal strawberries.
- 1 c Whole Strawberries Hulled
- 2-3 sprigs Lemon Thyme Leaves only, woody stem discarded
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Champagne Vinegar Or other wine vinegar
- 6 c Arugula
- 1/2 c Goat Cheese Crumbled, or ricotta if you prefer milder flavor
- 1/2 c Hazelnuts (Filberts) Coarsely chopped
- 12 Strawberries For Garnish
Put all ingredients except oil and vinegar into mini food processor or blender (or cup with immersion blender) and blend until smooth, then add in the oil and vinegar and blend again until frothy and emulsified.
Divide arugula between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 1/4 of the cheese and hazelnuts, and then pour dressing over and garnish with the strawberries.