Japanese Carrot Apple Ginger Dressing
Tangy and so full of flavor. Made from a base of pureed fruit and vegetables, it is healthy and full of fiber.
- 2 c Apples, Peeled And Coarsely Chopped
- 1 c Carrots, Shredded
- 1/4 c Sweet Onion, Peeled And Sliced
- 2 tbsp Ginger, Peeled And Sliced Thinly
- 1/4 c Rice Vinegar *Could substitute Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Mirin *Could substitute Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 c Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste I used 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
Prepare fruit and vegetables, slicing the ginger in rounds to cut through the tough fibers.
Add first 7 ingredients to your blender (do not add the oils at this point or else it won't chop up as well) and blend on high until it is a thick puree with no lumps. Scrape down sides after 1 minute and then continue to puree. My blender took approx 4 minutes to achieve the right consistency.
Add in the oils and blend again for 1 minute, then season with salt and pepper to taste.