Perfectly Baked Salmon
Basic, easy instructions for a perfectly baked salmon fillet. I've used fresh BC Sockeye Salmon but this will work with any, just adjust the cooking time; less for a smaller fish and a little more for a bigger fish. This is great hot out of the oven for dinner or let it cool and serve it with a salad for lunch or summer dinner.Print Pin
- 1 BC Sockeye Fillet (approx 1.5-2 lb or 800 grams) or other salmon fillet
- 1/2-3/4 tsp Coarse or Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450' F
- Put fish fillet on a baking sheet, lined with parchment or tinfoil if you want an easy cleanup 😉 Sprinkle salt and pepper over fish fillet
- Bake 10-14 minutes, watching carefully at the end and taking the fish out immediately once barely cooked through. My oven cooks on the cool side and took 13 minutes for my 800 gram fillet.