The Perfect Margarita
My husband has proven over the years that a cold cocktail is best served very cold so use plenty of ice when mixing your drink and then pour it into a glass filled with fresh ice for the best results. Using good tequila and fresh squeezed juices make this classic margarita sing but beware, these are delicious and at 3 oz of alcohol per drink, one per person is all you need. Salud!
- 1/2 c Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/4 c Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 4 oz Tequila
- 2 oz Orange Liqueur (Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 1 Lime, Cut Into Wedges For Rim and Garnish
- Kosher Salt In A Saucer Try mixing Tajin or other chili powder into your salt for a spicy rim!
Run a lime wedge around the rim of 2 large glasses then dip rims into the saucer of salt then fill glasses with ice.
In an ice filled cocktail shaker, add juices, tequila and orange liqueur and shake until icy cold and well mixed. Pour into ice filled glasses and garnish with another lime wedge. Salud!