Lemon Asparagus Risotto
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 c Arborio Rice (or other short grain rice)
- 1/4 c Dry White Wine
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 1/2 c Vegetable Stock, heated
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 2 c Asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 c Parley, finely chopped
- 1/4 c Chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 c Parmesan Cheese, grated
- c Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper
In a large pan with high sides heat olive oil on medium low, add shallot and garlic and cook gently until translucent.
Stir in rice, wine and bay leaf.
Start adding in stock 1/2 c at a time stirring every few minutes and adding more stock as it becomes absorbed.
After 20 minutes when the rice is nearly done, add in the lemon zest, juice, asparagus and herbs and stir gently.
Add in parmesan and cream and cook, stirring gently 5 more minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve in bowls and garnish with chives and more freshly grated parmesan cheese and pepper