- 1 Sourdough or French Baguette
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 c Arugula Coarsely chopped
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes Quartered
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- 8 Thin Slices Boernkaas Cheese Or other semi-firm to firm cheese
- Gently heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in frying pan on medium heat until shimmering. Add arugula, cherry tomatoes and 1/8 tsp of salt and sauté until wilted.
- Meanwhile cut 8 slices of sourdough baguette and toast slices under a broiler until lightly browned. Cut clove of garlic in half and gently rub cut side over toasts when they come out of oven.
- Top crostini with large spoonful of greens and top with shaved semi-hard cheese. I chose Natural Pastures Boerenkaas which is semi-firm and has a lot of yummy, tangy flavour but you could use a nice aged cheddar or even thin shavings of Parmesan. I believe Boerenkaas is a type of Dutch farmers cheese, somewhat like Gouda so you could try that too!
*Link to Natural Pastures Boerenkaas Cheese