A simple and delicious spring recipe perfect for highlighting the fresh sweetness of BC Spot Prawns. For the full blog post with other recipes and my time commercially fishing prawns, click here.
Grilled Peel And Eat Spot Prawns With Garlic Herb Butter
- 1 lb Fresh Spot Prawns Live whole prawns, fresh or thawed prawn tails
- ¼ c Butter
- 2 tbsp Parsley, Finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3-6 drops Hot Sauce, Optional
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium high.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, melt butter, parsley, garlic and lemon juice together. Season with salt and pepper and optional hot sauce if using.
- Organize your prawns, garlic butter, basting brush and a plate to put cooked prawns on beside the grill. Place prawns on the grill then baste with garlic butter and close lid for 1 minute. Open and flip prawns and baste again then close lid for 1 more minute. Open lid and check prawns, removing any that are opaque through and let remaining cook until just opaque. Depending on the heat of your grill, this shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes. Once all prawns are on plate, drizzle remaining butter mixture over and serve immediately.